Beautiful Breckenridge Colorado is located at the southern end of the Ten Mile Range in Summit County. Situated 75 miles west of the “Mile High City,” also known as Denver, Breckenridge is known for it’s world-class skiing, historical Victorian charm, shopping, dining, nightlife and breathtaking mountain vistas.
Like many popular mountain towns of Colorado, Breckenridge was built upon the fortune-seeking mindset of miners in the late 1850′s. Gold was first discovered in the summer of 1859 along the Blue River, which runs through the heart of Breckenridge today. During that time, mining camps were built throughout Summit County, but unfortunately most were abandoned by the 1940′s. The town experienced some very hard times until the “new gold rush” came in the 1960′s, when skiers and mountain seeking residents flocked back to Breckenridge to experience mountain living world class skiing; and endless bluebird summer days.
As you stroll down the historic streets of Breckenridge, you will find fabulous shops, restaurants, pubs, après ski destinations and nightlife entertainment. Breckenridge is host to international sporting and cultural events such as the US Pro Cycling Challenge, The Dew Tour (extreme snow sports competition), The International Snow Sculpting Championships, and performances by world-renowned symphonies and recording artists at the Riverwalk Center. Golfers will find the only Jack Nicklaus designed 27-hole public golf course at Breckenridge Golf Club.
Far more than a vacation destination, Breckenridge is a place you will want to call home. Whether you are looking for a ski-in/ski-out location, condo, single family home or new construction, Real Estate of the Summit is here to help you with all your real estate needs. Have a question about the town or Breckenridge real estate? Click here to contact us and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can!
Search the following featured properties in Breckenridge, Colorado:
Breckenridge Town Statistics
- Town Elevation: 9,603 feet
- Population: 4,648
- Yearly Real Estate Avg. (Town of Breck) 2015:
- Single Family Homes: $1,077,919
- Condo’s & Townhomes: $530,595
Breckenridge Ski Resort General Information
- Base Elevation: 9,600 feet / 2,926 meters
- Summit Elevation: 12,998 feet / 3,963 meters
- Vertical Rise: 3,398 feet / 1,036 meters
- Lifts: 34 Total
- 4 high-speed 6-passenger SuperChairs
- 6 high-speed quad lifts
- 1 Fixed Quad
- 1 triple lift
- 6 double lifts
- 1 8-passenger gondola
- 4 surface lifts
- 11 carpet lifts
- Lift Capacity: 46,800 people per hour (with surface and carpets)
- Total Ski/Ride Terrain: 2,908 acres / 1177 hectares
- Bowls: 1061 acres / 429 hectares
- Terrain Parks: 25 acres / 10 hectares
- Number of Trails: 187
- Longest Trail: Four O’Clock – 3.5 miles / 5.6 kilometers
- Types of Trails: 11% beginner / 31% intermediate / 58% expert